Bringing You News On Accessibility And Education
I. UPCOMING EVENTS
1. AHG Conference 2022
Continual Engine is pleased to attend and exhibit at the in-person 25th Annual Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference to be held from November 14 to November 18, 2022. The 25th Annual Conference will take place in Denver, Colorado at the Hilton Denver City Center. The conference provides an excellent opportunity for us to share information about our ground-breaking artificial intelligence-based solution, PREP, which works on making documents accessible with the goal of making higher education content accessible to people with disabilities.
II. PAST EVENTS
Continual Engine presented at the 13th annual Inclusion in Science, learning a New Direction, Conference on Disability (ISLAND) on the topic, “Using AI to instantly Make STEM Images and Documents Accessible“. The hybrid event was held virtually and in-person at Princeton University on September 17th, 2022.
- Vijayshree Vethantham, Vice-President, Growth & Strategy Continual Engine US LLC
- Rajat Prakash, Product Manager Continual Engine
She is also an integral part of making Macmillan Learning, one of the earliest global accessible publishers certified by Benetech. A leading global education publisher, Macmillan Learning has pioneered a workflow for creating accessible books that conforms to the accessible EPUB creation guidelines based on WCAG 2.0 AA+ standards. All its content, starting in 2019, is ‘born accessible’. A recording of the webinar session is available here.
- Guest Speaker: Rachel Comerford, Senior Director of Accessibility Outreach and Communication, Macmillan Learning
- Host: Vijayshree Vethantham, Vice-President, Growth & Strategy Continual Engine US LLC
The Fifth EMPOWER 2022 conference was organized at the IIT Madras Research Park, Chennai from October 13 to 15, 2022. A valuable event, this conference equipped us with meaningful insights and inputs from multiple speakers and participants aligned with Continual Engine’s mission to bring exponential time and cost savings to accessibility and learning through our (AI)-driven tools, PREP and Invicta™.
III. NEWS ARTICLES ON ACCESSIBILITY
1. Bad News And Good News People With Disabilities Need To Hear Today
2. Federal Appeals Court says Americans with Disabilities Act Protections cover ‘Gender Dysphoria,’ Handing a Win to Trans People
3. Why Web Accessibility Compliance is A Game-Changer
4. NSW’s Rejection of Basic Accessible Home Standards ‘Salt In The Wound’ for People with Disabilities
5. Accessing the Digital World With a Visual Disability
6. What's New in Digital Equity: Lawmakers Urge Action on Accessibility
7. Federal Govt To Invest In Assistive Technology For Persons With Disabilities
8. Testing Your Website’s Accessibility Is A Must for 2023
9. How Website Accessibility Impacts User Experience
10. Optimizing The Online Experience for Disabilities Improves It for All Customers
11. Looking Ahead: What Has The Pandemic Taught Us About Online Access?
During the first few months of 2020, while the world entered a period of uncertainty and restrictions on public spaces and traditional face-to-face interactions became unfeasible, the online world became more crowded and prosperous. Access to goods and services such as banking, shopping and education all took place remotely, and digital became the new normal rather than an option. While the world became aware of how much easier it is to perform tasks, many users who have additional access requirements were already open to the benefits of online access.