We are happy to present the quarterly edition of the Continual Engine newsletter. This edition brings together a compilation of key news articles and insightful updates, with the goal of sharing relevant information about the latest trends and developments in the realms of accessibility and learning.
In this issue, you can learn about the following:
- Upcoming 26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference that Continual Engine will be attending and exhibiting
- Past events that Continual Engine attended, include the M-Enabling Summit 2023 in Washington, DC and Empower 2023 Assistive Technology Conference in Chennai, India
- Recent blogs on accessibility, include Importance of Inter-format Document Conversions, Impact of Typefaces and Fonts, and Accessibility Bridging the Digital Gap
- News articles include Ways to Workplace Inclusivity, NDEAM 2023, Importance of Gaming Accessibility, United Airlines' Wheelchair-friendly Flights, and the making of Disabled Stop-motion Characters
- The latest advancements in accessibility include First-ever TV Channel for Business Owners with Disabilities and the introduction of a carrier service at beach
We hope that this quarterly edition of the newsletter helps you keep track of the important trends in accessibility and continues to provide valuable insights. Please reach out to us with any feedback or questions.
I. Upcoming Events
1. Continual Engine will be Presenting and Exhibiting at the Upcoming 26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference 2023
Continual Engine is going to attend and exhibit at the in-person 26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference 2023.
Our contribution to the event includes an informative session titled ‘AI for Extended Audio Descriptions and Closed Captions: Why It Matters?’. The presentation is scheduled for Friday, November 10th, at 10:30am in Penrose 2. We also invite you to visit our booth, which is located at Booth #24 in the Exhibit Hall, and speak with our Senior Vice President of Growth & Strategy, Vijayshree (VJ) Vethantham.
For AHG conference attendees who are eager to discover our suite of accessibility solutions, feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a meeting. We look forward to seeing you at the conference.
II. Past Events
1. Continual Engine Attended the 2023 M-Enabling Summit
Continual Engine attended the M-Enabling Summit 2023, which was scheduled from October 10th to 12th, 2023, and was held in Washington, DC.
If you were unable to attend the event, we have compiled some key takeaways from the conference to keep you informed:
- AI is driving transformations in the digital accessibility ecosystem, enabling an inclusive and accessible digital world for all.
- Authentic inclusion begins with visionary leadership committed to building accessibility into the very core of organizational culture and operations.
- The launch of a standard for accessible and equitable AI systems marks a pivotal step towards ensuring fairness, inclusivity, and accountability in the development and deployment of AI technologies.
If you want to learn more about our AI-enabled accessibility solutions, PREP and Invicta™, please feel free to connect with our Senior Vice President, Growth & Strategy, Vijayshree (‘VJ’) Vethantham. Alternatively, you can reach out to us at email@example.com to schedule a meeting or request further information.
2. Continual Engine Conducted a Workshop and Exhibited at the Empower 2023 Assistive Technology Conference
Continual Engine hosted a workshop along with Vision Empower and exhibited at the upcoming Empower 2023 Assistive Technology Conference.
Some of the key takeaways that we have compiled from the booth and workshop at the conference includes:
- Continual Engine Team participated at this event in collaboration with Vision Empower.
- There is a growing interest in enhancing the accessibility of K-12 STEM content within the Indian school curriculum.
- There are numerous new innovations appearing in the assistive technology (AT) space.
- The AT ecosystem is maturing, marked by the increasing participation of various players in the network of assistive technology.
If you want to learn more about our AI-enabled accessibility solutions, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting or request further information.
III. Featured Blogs
Since the advent of the digital era, there has been a considerable transformation in how we produce, distribute, and access documents. From traditional paper documents to an array of digital formats, the need for efficient document management has never been greater.
Document accessibility refers to creating content that can be easily consumed and understood by individuals with disabilities, ensuring that no one is left behind.
Digital accessibility is about breaking down barriers. It is about ensuring that people with disabilities can navigate, understand, and interact with digital content as easily as those without disabilities.
IV. News Articles On Accessibility
Today, diversity and inclusion are on the tip of most people’s tongues. But how, exactly, can we create this inclusive work environment everyone is talking about?
October is National Disability Employment Awareness Month (NDEAM), where we honor the skills of workers with disabilities who contribute to our nation’s workplaces and economy. We also recommit ourselves to ensuring they have equal opportunity to prepare for and succeed in employment.
Mark Barlet founded AbleGamers in 2004. It’s a nonprofit that works to combat social isolation among people with disabilities using “the power of video games.” Most recently, his organization worked with Sony to help create its new Access controller for the PlayStation, designed to make it easier for people with disabilities to play.
United Airlines has agreed to improve air travel for passengers in wheelchairs after the federal government investigated a complaint by a disability-rights advocate.
For every generation of children, there is a TV series that stays in their hearts and minds even through adulthood. Rebecca Atkinson is hoping her stop motion creation, Mixmups, is going to be just that. Every day, a team of animators manipulate the handmade puppets of Pockets, Giggles and Spin to capture 10 seconds of footage for the new 52-part pre-school series.
V. Latest Advancements In Accessibility
With a limited number of resources to choose from, finding the right resources for small business owners with disabilities can be difficult. But thanks to a new television channel, accessing the information you need may have become a whole lot easier.
A specially-designed carrier that allows wheelchair users to enjoy access to a beach has been introduced on the Dorset coast. Wheelchairs can be placed on the platform, which can then be wheeled over the beach at West Bay.