- A few of the world's biggest tech companies, including Microsoft, Google, and WhatsApp, are making significant strides in the area of accessibility. We'll explore some of the latest innovations and updates from these companies that are helping to make technology more inclusive and accessible for all.
- Our recent events included an educative webinar with Sarah Stricker and the AT Conclave, which brought together experts and thought leaders from across the field of assistive technology.
- Finally, we are thrilled to share that our organization is increasingly being recognized as a key player in utilizing artificial intelligence (AI) in education, and we'll be sharing more about this exciting development and what it means for our work moving forward.
I. Latest in Accessibility
1. Microsoft 365 will soon have an accessibility assistant
2. Google improves Chrome's page zoom to make mobile web more accessible
3. Web accessibility laws set to enter new era as DOJ gears up for spring rulemaking
4. WhatsApp becomes the only app to rank ‘highly accessible’ for persons with disabilities
5. Legacy automaker Ford embraces the car’s future with accessible, inclusive BlueCruise technology
II. STAR NEWS OF THE MONTH
Continual Engine Has Been Recognized as a Key Player in Utilizing AI in Education
Continue reading here for more information.
III. PAST EVENTS
1. Expert Guest Sarah Stricker Presented on “All About WCAG Accessibility and What’s Next”
2. Continual Engine Participated in Samarthanam’s Awareness Conclave on Assistive Technology for People with Disabilities
- 1,800 users of assistive technology had given their needs and wish list of assistive technology to the event organizers. The event places the user of assistive technology at the heart of all discussions.
- Governments have an opportunity to form laws, policies, schemes and develop infrastructure for assistive technology.
- Corporates have the opportunity to employ persons with disability empowered by assistive technology, market products and services which are accessible and promote assistive technology through the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives.
- Academic institutions have the opportunity to do cutting edge research and development and formulate curriculum for assistive technology.
- Social Venture Capitalists have the opportunity to invest in assistive technology and earn sustainable returns
- Civil Society has the opportunity to advocate for assistive technology and skill the differently abled in the same.
- Special schools also have the opportunity to skill the differently abled with assistive technology competence.
- The Media has the opportunity to spread awareness on assistive technology among the differently abled, stakeholders of the assistive technology ecosystem and the general public.
- Continual Engine’s Artificial Intelligence solutions assist in document accessibility and making Science, Technology, Engineering, Math & Accounting digital content accessible for the visually challenged. We are hoping the current generation of the differently abled will break the barrier of education & employment in the Science & Technology field.
- Together let us create a network for all technology, content and infrastructure to be accessible to all.
If you want to access the event’s proceedings, click here.