- Continual Engine has been featured in IITM Shaastra Magazine: "Signs of the Times"
- Upcoming events that Continual Engine will be attending include the26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference and the 2023 M-Enabling Summit.
- Past events that Continual Engine attended, include the “46th Annual AHEAD Conference on Equity and Excellence: Access in Higher Education” in Portland and a webinar on insights on PDF Accessibility by IAAP-certified Web Accessibility Specialist, Sarah Stricker
- Recent blogs on accessibility, include Enhancing Accessibility for - Scanned PDFs, High-Volume PDFs, and Heading Hierarchy.
- News articles include Canada's efforts to design Disability Benefit Regulations, existing accessibility gaps in transportation apps, and medical discrimination faced by children with disabilities.
- The latest advancements in accessibility include Shopify's Inclusive Accessibility Tool for Small Businesses and researchers teaching artificial intelligence (AI) to write better chart captions.
Star News Of The Quarter
1. Continual Engine Featured in IITM Shaastra Magazine: "Signs of the Times
Continual Engine has been featured in the prestigious IITM Shaastra Magazine with a special feature titled “Signs of the Times“. This feature delves into the world of assistive technologies, which are evolving in parallel with artificial intelligence (AI), computer vision, machine learning (ML), and natural language processing (NLP), and their pivotal role in enhancing learning outcomes for individuals with disabilities.
If you haven’t had a chance to read the “Signs of the Times” feature yet, Please check out the IITM Shaastra Magazine here and learn more about how Continual Engine is transforming the landscape of accessible education.
1. Join Continual Engine At The 2023 M-Enabling Summit
2. Continual Engine Is Attending The upcoming 26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground Conference 2023
Continual Engine is thrilled to attend and exhibit at the in-person 26th Annual Accessing Higher Ground: Accessible Media, Web & Technology Conference to be held from November 6 to November 10, 2023. The 26th Annual Conference will take place in Denver, Colorado at the Hilton Denver City Center. During this event, we will be providing an informative session on the topic, ‘AI for Extended Audio Descriptions and Closed Captions: Why Does It Matter?’
1.Continual Engine Exhibited And Attended The AHEAD 2023 Conference In Portland, Oregon
- Higher educational institutions continue to report challenges in managing inaccessible content like PDFs, including scanned pages, videos, and presentations which include images or visuals. This highlights the significance of finding accessible, cost-effective, and scalable solutions to handle large amounts of such content effectively.
- There is growing awareness and interest to foster an inclusive learning environment that supports learners with disabilities, ensuring every learner feels welcomed and valued.
- More innovation and ideas focus on exploring approaches to resolve the common struggles of achieving a balance between scalability, fast turnaround times, limited budgets, and resource allocation challenges.
- Continual Engine’s booth was focused on presenting the new and evolving capabilities with PREP and Invicta™ with a focus on making education accessible while lowering the burden. We hosted a lucky draw, offering five winners the chance to win up to $50 in Amazon Gift Cards. Winners will be announced in a couple of weeks.
2. Continual Engine Hosted A Webinar On “Prepping PDFs For Accessibility” With Sarah Stricker
- Accessibility requires continuous efforts and improvements
- PDFs pose a significant accessibility challenge for users
- Accessible PDFs create a more inclusive learning environment
- Automation enhances efficiency and remediation turnaround time
- Collaboration helps develop better accessibility practices
- Continuous learning and training ensures better outcomes
If you were unable to attend the event and wish to view it now, click here to gain access to the webinar recording or download an accessible version of the presentation here.